“The color composite was created during an analysis of different theories about star formation. Scientists think that the universe first went through a ‘blue phase,’ populated mostly by young stars; then shifted into its current ‘green phase,’ with its mixture of young and old; and will eventually experience a ‘red phase,’ when it possesses mostly aging red giants.”1
The eventual “red phase” towards the death of our universe was supported in 1999 when, for the first time, a picture had been taken by NASA of a dying star which looked identical to a red rose. You can see it on NASA’s web site.
Now compare these recent scientific discoveries, to the following verse of the Qur’an regarding the death of the universe and its commentary by the successors of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):
“When the heavens are rent asunder and appear as a roseate oil; Which of your Lord’s signs will you deny?”2
About this verse of the Qur’an, Qatadah from the generation of the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) succcessors stated:
“In our time the heavens are green but on that day they will become red.. “3
That statement was made over 1000 years ago. The early Muslims from the late 7th century knew that the universe’s true color is green, and would eventually turn a deep roseate red. How did they know this information only substantiated in the year 2002? It should inspire all to ponder upon this question and wonder what their is in Islam that causes it to have revealed so many secrets of science more than 1400 years ago that are only being discovered with the help of modern technology to this day. The information is too copious to document here, but skimming through the age old commentaries of the Qur’an by the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) Companions and Successors each phase of the universe, the blue, the green, and the red, are mentioned thoroughly in great detail.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) recited the Qur’ânic verse to a young lad, “..when the heavens are rent asunder and appear as a roseate oil..” The young boy was siezed with fear and began to cry and said, “Woe be to me upon a day when the sky should be rent asunder! Woe unto me!” The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, the angels have wept for your tears”.4
All that is in the universe will indeed perish. This is a fact declared by scientists and those of faith.
“All upon it (the earth) shall perish. All that will remain is the Countenance of your Lord, the Master of Glory and Honor.”5
Will you be ready for what comes next?
- Richard Stenger, CNN.com Sci-Tech, True color of the cosmos revealed, pale green, January 10, 2002, Posted: 6:34 AM HKT (2234 GMT) [↩]
- The Holy Qur’an, Chapter ar-Rahmân, 55:36, in Arabic, “fa itha-nshaqqati-samâ’u fa kânat wardat(an) kad-dihân; fa bi ayyi âlâ’î rabbikumâ tukathibân”. Some of the Companions of the Prophet (peace be upon him), such as Ibn `Abbâs, said it is similar to the color of a red mare. [↩]
- Upon the authority of `Abdur-Razzâq, Ibn Jarîr, `Abd bin Humayd, and others in Tafsîr ibn Kathîr, al-Jâmi`u li-Ahkâmi-l Qur’ân of al-Qurtubî, Jâmi`u-l Bayân `An Ta’wîl Ayy al-Qur’ân of at-Tabarî, ad-Durr al-Manthûr fi-Tafsîr bi-l Ma’thûr of as-Suyûtî [↩]
- On the authority of Muhammad bin Nasr, from Luqmân bin `Amir in ad-Durr al-Manthûr fi-Tafsîr bi-l Ma’thûr of as-Suyûtî [↩]
- The Holy Qur’ân, Sura’ ar-Rahmân 55:26-27, in Arabic, “kullû man `alayhâ fân; wa yabqa wajhu rabbika thu-l jalâlî wa-l ikrâm.” [↩]